Looking for one-on-one preparation for the MCAT? When it comes to personalized, focused and flexible coaching, you just can’t beat Scott Roberts. His tutoring programs offer elite instruction delivered in the most efficient and effective way available.
WHY AM I QUALIFIED?
- In addition to 10+ years teaching experience,
- I have achieved greater than 99% on all of the aforementioned standardized tests.
- I have taught Biochemistry, Anatomy, and Physiology at several universities. Furthermore, I have lectured on molecular strategies at many universities to include Harvard, Max Plank Institute in Berlin and Stanford.
- I am an accomplished Biotechnology leader, having served as Executive Director of Genomics for the largest privately held clinical references laboratory in the world.
- Additionally, I served as head of marketing, sales, and products for a Merck subsidiary.
- I served as first an infantry officer, then as a fighter pilot in the United States Marine Corps.
- After graduating Columbia University with degrees in History, Computer Science, and Engineering, I furthered my education with a Master’s degree in Molecular Genetics.
- My education culminated in my MD/PhD program at SUNY Buffalo Medical School.
FOUNDER OF THINK EDUCATION
Accomplished executive in biotechnology, laboratory, and software industry with proven track record in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and Business Development. Ability to create product concept to released product. Accomplished sales producer in international market. Team builder, with emphasis on diversity, ranging from marketing, sales, statistics, science, and engineering. Skilled public speaker and company evangelist who consistently builds rapport with top officers and scientists of targeted companies.
1 and 3 year Business Plan
Operations Management Management
Attaining Profitability Development
Corporate Strategic Position Spokesperson
Global Strategic Alliances
FDA Compliance Liaison
Market Share Expansion
Clinical Reference Laboratory
Clinical Reference Laboratory (CRL) is the largest, privately-owned reference laboratory in America. Established in 1979, CRL offers leading-edge testing services in the areas of Toxicology, Corporate Wellness Programs, Life Insurance, Clinical Trials, and Genomics in a 200,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility in Lenexa, KS.
Executive Director of Business Development and Genomics
Responsible for leading the strategy and direction of the Genomics division and overall Business Development for all new product lines, reporting directly to the CEO. As a member of executive staff, execute leadership, guidance, and direction for the company. Generate sales forecast financial outlook, and 1 and 3 year business plans to senior staff. Full P&L responsibility for the Genomics and Business development units. Identify novel molecular biomarkers to develop, acquire, or license then bring to market. Direct responsibilities include management of genomics sales, marketing, business development, operational, and laboratory groups consisting of 5 direct reports and 20 indirect.
– Solidified $4M consortium contract within first year
– Negotiated and closed $400K projects with the CDC
– Launched several R&D projects in molecular diagnostics funded by academic consortiums and the NIH
– Devised genomic services portfolio and ensured laboratory SOP validation and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), then implemented corresponding pricing structure.
– Instituted an operations plan encompassing lead generation through delivery of service
– Designed and implemented health care initiative which included Lab-On-Line and TelaDoc (telemedicine) medical services
Rosetta Biosoftware, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., is a leading provider of bioinformatics software. The company’s mission is empowering academic, government, and industry leaders by providing best-of-breed software in the area of life science research.
Director of Product Management and Marketing
Led the development, science, and marketing groups in developing leading-edge bioinformatics software, reporting directly to the General Manager. Managed the research, development, and implementation of proteomics, transcriptomics, and genomics analysis software. As a member of executive staff executed leadership, guidance, and direction for the company. Generated sales forecasts, financial outlook, and 1 and 3 year business plans. Full P&L responsibility for marketing and product management. Reconcile extensive intellectual property and legal review.
– Generated 200% sales growth in one year by establishing product pricing structure
– Brought version 3.0 and 4.0 of the Rosetta Gene Expression System to market adhering to product timelines and milestones
– Negotiated key partnership agreements, leveraging scientific and relationship expertise
– Spokesperson for company at conferences, seminars, and site visits internationally
Senior Technical Sales Manager
Rosetta Biosoftware, Kirkland, WA
Launched numerous successful sales evaluations, managing the project from commencement of sale to installation. Established new business relationships including legal and financial interests. Formulated new software designs based on sales experience.
– Achieved $3M sales growth in academic and biotech market place in six months by coordinating consortiums of independent organizations
– Initiated strategic business relationships, increasing product awareness and exposure
– 50% reduction of sales cycle by stream-lining legal documentation and order generation
Senior Manager Scientific Applications
Rosetta Biosoftware, Kirkland, WA
Developed new algorithms and features for Rosetta gene expression and proteomics products. Guided applied research in validating and enhancing bioinformatics solutions. Forged relationships with scientific experts in order to implement best of breed software.
Senior Technical Account Manager
Rosetta Biosoftware, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Under minimal supervision, initiated a European customer support center in Amsterdam. Served as a single point of technical and business contact for customers. Launched European Sales effort.
– Increased European sales by 400% in one year
– Ensured 100% customer renewal and satisfaction
Manager, Technical Instruction
Rosetta Biosoftware, Kirkland, WA
Coordinated with statisticians mathematicians, biologists, and software developers in order to build a nascent training program. Designed internal training program for new hires and existing staff members.
– Managed and trained staff of 3 technical instructors
– Authored the Rosetta Resolver Gene Expression Training Manual version 1.0 and coauthored the Rosetta Resolver Gene Expression User Guide version 1.0
– Led training sessions throughout the continental U.S., Europe and Asia successfully training over 1000 scientists in gene expression analysis
Senior Instructor, Biochemistry
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
Owner and General Manager
Caroline’s Bar and Grill, Meridian, MS
Designed and constructed a full service restaurant and bar. Managed daily operations open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Employed and trained chefs and bar staff of 25.
B-Street Warehouse, Meridian, MS
Designed and constructed a dance club with a capacity of 1000. Managed all facets of operations including advertising (print and radio), accounting, and vendor relations. Employed staff of 20.
Officer and Jet Pilot
United States Marine Corps
Trained and experienced in aircraft carrier landings, air-to-air combat, bombing, formation, low-level, and cross-country missions. Supervised and led platoon of over 50 Marines through survival and field operations (offensive and defensive combat strategies), leadership principles and warfare techniques.
M.D., Ph.D program State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
M.S. in Biology/Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY
Kielman, M.F., Roberts, S.C., and Fodde, R. Apc modulates embryonic stem-cell differentiation by controlling the dosage of catenin signaling. Nature Genetics 32 (4) 594-605.